How to be more productive in life If I remember correctly, this time of year was always the pits. Being from Chicago, I know March is known for its cool temperatures (STILL!) but yet not cool enough to keep the snow around.
The snow becomes disgusting and slushy. It’s not good to play in and it’s definitely not pretty to look at. Around this time, was when I started getting the winter blues.
If you’re needing a little motivation then these tips are for you.
5 Ways to Become More Productive
1. Soak up some rays: If you don’t get enough Vitamin D, you could feel jet-lagged. What happens is your circadian rhythms are disrupted.
Try your best to get outside in the morning, when your body craves brightness. If you’re stuck in the office, stand near a window a few times a day when you sense yourself slowing down.
Just by getting sunlight, it can stimulate your internal clock, providing you with the energy you need.
2. Give a compliment: Why? Whether you smile or watch someone else smile, the happy facial expression can trigger your brain to release dopamine (a chemical that helps control your body’s reward centers) in turn, kicking your productivity into high gear.
3. Do something mindless: This sounds easy, right? Sometimes it’s not so simple. When we’re giving a long, daunting task, our initial reaction is to get it done.
No one can focus on one single task all the time. Be sure to break up your day. by engaging in an activity that’s repetitive and not intellectually tiring (gardening, vacuuming).
When your mind wanders, creativity can flow, enabling you to process information in a unique way. Then, when it’s time to get back to work, your mind is racing with ideas and you’re able to get it done!
4. Challenge yourself physically: I can hear the excuses already… You don’t have enough time to exercise. But, engaging in endurance exercises makes you more diligent and energized.
Out of 24 hours, you can find time for at least 10-30. If you need to break it up throughout the day, that’s fine too.
5. Think small: When you have a huge task to complete, it’s more bearable when you cut it into smaller steps. Try giving yourself 15 minutes a day on a particular project rather than hours on end.
Do you feel motivated now? I sure hope so. It’s time to kiss the winter blues goodbye. I’d love to hear from you. How do you overcome being unmotivated? Share in the comments below.